Happy Thursday to you,
Today I’m very excited to share the release of my Kettlebell Muscle Building Program.
I get asked about using kettlebells for adding muscle frequently.
So I’ve spent many hours researching, testing and carefully putting together the ideal exercises and workouts for you.
My designer didn’t let me down either and beautifully illustrated each of the exercises.
The result is my 12 week, total-body, muscle building program.
And, in case the illustrations are not enough there are also 33 videos of me showing you exactly how to perform each of the exercises.
Let me tell you more about building muscle using kettlebells…
Kettlebells for muscle building
There are hundreds of books on muscle building and although the workouts are different they all tend to have 3 things in common:
All good muscle building programs rely on:
- Compound movements
- Rest and Recovery
Let’s break each of these down…
- Compound movements: are multi-joint movements that use 100’s of muscles in one go. A good example are squats, deadlifts, lunges, rows etc. These large movements stimulate the greatest growth.
- Overload: muscle growth comes from the body’s adaptation to an exercise. If you continue to overload a muscle then it grows in size to better accommodate the movement in the future. If you fail to overload a muscle it will never adapt.
- Rest and recovery: without rest the muscles do not have time to repair and grow. Rest is vital both between workouts and between exercises.
A good quality muscle building program will ensure each of the above factors is considered and optimised.
Here’s how I use the above in my new muscle program:
- Each workout is divided into either a pushing, pulling or lower body routine so you can generate enough overload and thus stimulate growth
- Each workout includes only compound movements so you stimulate 100’s of muscles with each exercise increasing muscle growth further and saving time
- Each workout allows adequate rest time in between exercises so you have enough time to recover and give your all during the next set
- Workouts are performed either 3 or 4 times per week in order to allow time for the body to recover and build
- Workouts are divided into 4 week blocks, each block offering different exercises to stimulate the muscles even further
Using the above factors means your workouts are quicker and can be completed in under 45 minutes.
Here are 2 workout examples:
Here’s a workout from Week 3 of my Muscle Program:
- Swing One Hand – 10 reps x 3 sets (rest 90-120 secs)
- Clean – 6 reps x 3 sets (rest 90-120 secs)
- Row – 6 reps x 3 sets (rest 90-120 secs)
- Plank Row – 6 reps x 3 sets (rest 90-120 secs)
As you can see the above workout is focused on the pulling movement pattern and will develop the muscles predominantly in the back.
I use 4 exercises that all continue to overload the back muscles in different ways. The final exercise, the plank row, also doubles-up as a phenomenal core exercise too.
As you can see the reps are low at 6 so you need to lift heavy, this is an essential part of the muscle building program.
Here’s another workout from Week 3 of my Muscle Program:
- Split Squat – 6 reps x 3 sets (rest 90 – 120 secs)
- Double Front Squat – 6 reps x 3 sets (rest 90 – 120 secs)
- Side Lunge – 6 reps x 3 sets (rest 90 – 120 secs)
For this workout we are focusing on the lower body.
Again we target similar muscles but from different directions in order to overload the legs and buttocks.
This program is NOT for beginners.
Muscle building requires you to lift heavy and this obviously means using heavier kettlebells. For this reason I’ve classed this program as a level 3. You should have completed my level 1 and 2 programs before attempting this one.
Some of the exercises are better performed with 2 kettlebells, especially the lower body workouts. So 2 x 12kg, or 2 x 16kg, or 2 x 24kg would be ideal.
So if you are a more advanced kettlebell lifter and are looking to add some muscle over the next 12 weeks then this is the program for you.
Grab the Muscle Building program here, the price is going to almost double in the next 48 hours.
That’s all for today my friend,
Take care of yourself and others,
P.S. Don’t delay, I’ve reduced the price for 48 hours, just for my newsletter subscribers 🙂