Pulling movements can be divided into 2 categories, vertical pulls and horizontal pulls.
Horizontal pulling consists of all the rowing based exercises that are pulled towards the chest. These exercises will strengthen the mid to upper back and also the bicep muscles.
Vertical pulling is when you pull from overhead, the complete opposite of the overhead press. Pull ups and chin ups are a great example of vertical pulling exercises.
Here’s a list of pulling exercises and workouts:
- Master the kettlebell high pull
- Why you should AVOID the upright row
- 6 kettlebell row variations
- Progressions for the renegade row
- 10 kettlebell exercises for the back