Generally pushing is divided into 2 sections, vertical pushing and horizontal pushing.
Vertical pushing includes all overhead movements eg. the overhead press and mostly targets the shoulder muscles. Horizontal pushing would include the push up and engages predominately the chest muscles.
It is important to realise that no muscle works alone when pushing, the shoulders, core and lats are also used during the push up exercise for example.
Here are a list of articles on pushing exercises:
- Your push up problems solved
- Master the kettlebell overhead press
- Overhead static exercises for shoulder stability
- Kettlebell sit and press
- Upper body kettlebell exercises
- Kettlebell exercises for the shoulders
- Kettlebell exercises for the chest
- Kettlebell exercises for the arms
- Clean and push press exercise
And these are pushing workouts:
- Kettlebell push and pull workouts
- 3 chest and butt workouts
- Kettlebell movement ladder workout
- Kettlebell pressing ladder
- A pressing minute workout